Operations in Africa
Projects in Africa
Stays in Africa
M.Eng. Dipl.-Ing. Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Baisch
My passion is hydraulic engineering in rural areas, especially in Africa. E.g. the planning and supervision of the maintenance and development of the water supply of the mission hospital in Adi, Congo, on behalf of an NGO.
For me, it is important that the technology which is used can be managed and maintained by the local population. Technology works – I have reached my goal if I am no longer needed. The population should be able to provide sufficient clean water and good hygiene afterwards.
- Training as a construction engineer for water management
- Studies of Water Management & Agricultural Engineering
- Post graduate studies in Water Management in Tropis and Subtropics
- Post graduate studies in Applied Computing in Civil Engineering
Activities and experiences in
- IT in German health care and in a mission in Uganda
- research at a federal research institute
- urban drainage projects in Germany
- water supply projects in Nigeria, Burundi, Malawi, DR Congo
- an irrigation project in Malawi
- water treatment projects in Malawi and Burundi
- Institute Water for Africa e.V.
- SAFINA Tanzania
- Emmanuel International Malawi
- Baisch, Jürgen: Data shortage in Africa
Water and Sanitation in International Development and Disaster Relief, Proceedings of International Workshop, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, 2008; p. 613-618
- Baisch, Jürgen: Data Shortage in Africa
Desalination Vol. 248, Elsevier B. V., Amsterdam, 2009; p. 524-529